When shopping for hurricane windows to install in your home, you'll likely want the best you can find for the money. Your search will be a short one as the best-rated manufacturer is PGT Custom Windows in Florida. This large impact-resistant window company has facilities located throughout Southern Florida and the United States. Established in 1980 as PGT Custom Windows & Doors, they are one of the nation's top providers of impact-resistant windows and doors. Over the years, PGT Innovations has acquired other brands that function as their subsidiaries, including:
- Western Window Systems
- CGI Commercial
With five major storm and impact-resistant window brands under their umbrella, PGT Innovations can rightfully say they are the nation's largest manufacturer of impact-resistant windows and doors.
The PGT brand can also claim the #1 spot in multiple areas:
- Most Miami-Dade County certifications in the industry
- 99% on-time delivery rates
- Ranked #1 in Door and Window Market Magazine's 2018 Readers' Choice Awards for CGI Windows' Slimfront Window System
- Ranked #1 in 2019 BUILDER Brand Use Report in the "Doors: Patio/Wide Window Openings" category
- Finalist in Florida Sterling Council's Business Excellence Awards in the category of "Corporate-Backed Companies with More Than 200 Employees" for 2019.
PGT Innovations worked with Miami-Dade County back in 1992 to help develop construction codes that are still in use today. It's also why their windows have such a high number of certifications. They know precisely what is needed for a window to pass such stringent requirements for use in a High-Velocity Hurricane Zones, like Miami-Dade and Broward Counties.
Best Features of PGT Windows
Like every manufacturer, PGT Innovations has developed its windows with unique features to appeal to customers. Here are a few of the best of them:
- PGT WinGuard products are made with impact-resistant glass able to resist a 9-lb. 2' x 4' beam that travels at 50 feet per second, followed by hurricane-force winds.
- Their vinyl and aluminum products have been issued a Miami-Dade Notice of Acceptance (NOA).
- The aluminum exterior comes with a powder-coated paint finish that resists corrosion and fading.
- Optional high-performance, Low-E glass with argon gas fill is available.
- Vinyl windows come with laminated insulating glass that provides impact-resistance and energy efficiency.
- PGT Windows come with a limited lifetime warranty on the insulating glass unit, a lifetime warranty on vinyl frames, and a 10-year warranty on aluminum frames.
When you are ready to install hurricane windows in your Florida home, contact FHIA Remodeling. We're proud to partner with PGT Innovations to provide high-quality impact-resistant windows and doors for homeowners and businesses. Give us a call or fill out our online form to ask about a free consultation with a window replacement estimate.
Subscribe to FHIA Remodeling's Blog