You’ve just had your FHIA impact windows installed and now what? Now, it is time to decorate your new windows and we are here to make the overwhelming choice simple. Check out the different styles and options that are available for your home!
- Plantation Shutters – When making your choice between plantation shutters, there are a variety of finishes and features to choose from. There are multiple colors including white, cream and stained wood and numerous styles. Plantation shutters can increase property value and add curb appeal to your home.
- Roller Shades – Roller shades are the most popular window covering right now. With a variety of swatches, styles, and the option to make them automatic, you can see why people are opting for this look. When choosing roller shades, you’ll have the choice for light filtering roller shades, black out shades, or a combination of both, to provide privacy but still let in light.
- Natural Shades – These earthy shades are woven together and create a relaxing ambiance. They come in various materials including bamboo, reeds, jute, and grass. Natural shades can be rolled up during the day and lowered to provide privacy at night.
- Traditional Blinds – Most homes come with the traditional blinds and are usually the cheapest option. Traditional blinds come in aluminum, vinyl, faux wood, and wood and there are multiple sizes, textures and colors.
- Solar Shades – If energy efficiency was the #1 reason for switching your windows to impact windows, then solar shades are for you. Solar shades help your home by minimizing glare and blocking out the light. The darker the shade color, the more impact it has on blocking out heat. By blocking out light and heat, solar shades will prevent your furniture and carpets from fading.
- Cellular Shades – These honeycomb-shaped air pocket shades are a great option for providing energy efficiency in your home. The shape of the blinds allows for an air pocket between the heat coming in through the window and your living room or bedroom. They aren’t the most fashionable shades, but between either the single or double cell blinds, they will control the heat and can decrease your electric bill.
- Layered Shades – Layered shades gives you the best of both worlds! These shades are made up of alternating strips of opaque fabric to block out light and provide privacy and sheer to allow filtered light in. Layered shades provide a modern look and make a statement in your home.
Tagsimpact window home decor
Subscribe to FHIA Remodeling's Blog